Please note that these trouble shooting instructions can only be used for the following products:
2019 RGB Trees
2020 RGB Trees and Lights
2021 RGB Trees and Lights
2021 Bi Color Trees
I can't connect my device to Alexa.
- Reset your tree.
- To reset your Alexa Tree: press and hold the button on the control box for 10 seconds to reset the Christmas tree. Indication of action done: 3 flashes of white light. Then follow the instructions below.
- Download the "Amazon Alexa" application from the app store on your mobile device.
- Install and open the "Amazon Alexa" application.
- Go to the settings menu.
- Select "Add Device."
- Select "Christmas Tree" or “Christmas Lights” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Check your WIFI settings.
- Make sure that your Alexa device and your Christmas Tree are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- If you are setting up a tree that you purchased before 2021, make sure that all devices have the most updated Wi-Fi password.
- Check the distance to your Alexa smart speaker.
- Check that your device is within 30 ft. (9 m) of your Christmas Tree.
- Check your software version.
- Check that your Alexa device and the Alexa app have the latest software version.
I can't get my Christmas Tree barcode to scan successfully.
- Make sure that there is enough light in the area for the bar code to be detected.
- If that does not work, then during the Alexa mobile app setup process, select "Don't Have a Barcode" and follow the on-screen instructions.
My Christmas Tree stopped working with Alexa.
- Try a power cycle: Unplug your Christmas Tree from the outlet, and then plug it back in.
- Fully reset your Christmas Tree: Press and hold the button on the tree's control box for 10 seconds. When the Christmas Tree is reset, you will see three flashes of white light. Follow the instructions above under "Reset" to set up your device with the Alexa app.
I can only turn my Christmas Tree On and Off with Alexa.
- Although the Alexa tree can be added to a group, the color and function selections will not work using the group name.
- Color and Function can only be selected by using the utterance "Christmas Tree."
Alexa is not responding to some but not all of my utterances.
- Alexa will not work if you have more than one Alexa device with a similar name.
- Rename one of the devices.
For 2020 and 2021 RGB Alexa Trees and Lights Only
Alexa does not recognize the Firefly utterance.
- Use Flicker instead of Firefly as the utterance.
For the 2021 Bi Color Trees Only
Alexa does not recognize the Steady utterance.
- Use Solid instead of Steady as the utterance.
It is recommended to always store the tree in a cool, dry location protected from excessive exposure to heat or sunlight.
Please find manuals available for download below.